Youth - U16 Girls
PLAYER ID – U16 GIRLS
All girls born in 2005 & 2006 are invited to attend the Girls Only U16 Player ID Sessions for selection into the Northern Rovers U16 NRFL Team. All players are to begin the trial process in their age grade, players may be asked to trial for other teams on a case by case basis by the Head of Women’s Football. NRFL teams will play in the NRFL (Northern Region Football League) Youth with other teams playing in the local NRF (Northern Region Football) Championship competitions.
All of these teams will play their games on Saturdays and, while the majority of games will be within Auckland, may require travel up to Northland (Whangarei) or to Hamilton/Tauranga (NRFL Youth team).
- Players in the NRFL Youth team squad will attend our Talent Development Programme (TDP). This team will have two independent qualified youth coaches for 3 x training (Monday/ Tuesday and Thursday – time and venue to be confirmed) and a game; this brings an extra cost for the coaches skills and time.The coaching fees for this time will be $950 for the 30 week season. Goalkeeper coaching for applicable players is included in this cost.
- The NRF Championship team may have an independent qualified youth coach for 2x training and a game; this brings an extra cost for the coaches skills and time. Should the team be allocated/ want an independent qualified coach, the coaching fees for this will be $450 for the 24 week season.
Non trialled teams:
Players whose priority is to play with friends should not attend these Player ID sessions.
Games will be played in an U16 competition on Saturdays in an NRF league. Coaches will finalise these teams once players are registered and any playing preferences have been received.
- If you are interested in being a volunteer coach we would love to hear from you. We will have dedicated coach support for all volunteer coaches to call on at any time.
- Northern Rovers will also be offering all volunteer coaches the chance to participate in the YL2 coaching course which will take place over a half a day (most likely a Saturday) in February.
- This course is a NZ Football accredited course and will be free to attend for all Northern Rovers members.
- Completion of the course will provide you with a YL2 coaching qualification which is valid for 3 years.
Trials will commence week commencing Monday 15th Feb at a time and venue tbc
As soon as we have received our season field allocations from the council we will advise all trial dates and times.
Information for the day:
- Players should arrive at the training location 15 minutes before the session starts, to register their arrival.
- Please bring a full drink bottle to speed up the breaks during the session.
- Players should wear football boots, shin pads and appropriate football clothing.
- Players who have not registered with Northern Rovers for the 2021 season may not be selected for a team
- NRFL Youth games will begin during the weekend of 11 April and finish on the weekend of 26 September
- NRF Championship games will begin during the weekend of 9 May and finish on the weekend of 26 September